Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend update!

I started thinking about the practicality of painting the coffee table in my lounge, and what with children and dogs, I thought its probably not the best idea I've ever had. So the solution, paint it in the garage!
Those of you that know me well, know that I have a love/hate relationship with my garage, and for most people, they would be able to just reverse their cars out of the garage and voila space to paint. Well that would be in a magical Tracy world, reality bites and lets just say since I drove my new car out of the showroom in August, I'm embarrassed to say, she's NEVER slept in my garage :(
I decided the garage must take priority and boy oh boy did I slog yesterday! Their were 5 {yes 5} tressil tables, all piled high with stuff. Boxes of supplies for Scrapkits and Art, and then other stuff that didn't have homes, so just got dumped onto tables. It took me 7 hours, much sneezing and hay fever, but I'm glad to say that my car slept in the garage last night. I then moved my little spring cleaning efforts into my office and finally sat down at 8 to watch tv. I was buggered, but delighted to have accomplished so much.
But alas, Sniff,  I haven't painted my coffee table yet, and the next couple of weeks are going to be hectic with work and I need to have at least two days to get it done {as I couldn't possibly live without being able to put my feet up at night} So for now I guess I have to be happy with the fact that although I didn't do the table, on the bright side, I no longer have to worry about tripping over bicycles and whether or not its going to rain when  we've just washed the car :)

2 comments :

linda andrew said...

goodness well done - HUGE job to sort out a garage...nice to have it done now!

Andrea said...

well done gf on a job well done!
xxx
A