Thursday, March 01, 2012

My Granny Squares Cushion in the making!

Ok so this post is especially for my friend Jude who desperately wants to see my colour choices of cotton.
I started this little project towards the end of 2011, but alas it has been lying in my work basket in my lounge ever since (which btw is bigger than the one pictured!). The idea was to stitch the squares onto a cream cushion cover for Samantha's bedroom, hopefully with winter around the corner, I'll be pulling out all my wooly supplies and playing hooky again :)

I used the hand dyed Vinnis Colours for the squares, definately the best selection of colours for us here in SA.

All the squares stitched together and a crocheted border around the outer edge.

Close-up detail (excuse all the threads I haven't cleaned up yet!

2 comments :

Jude said...

oh you are so clever, love those colours and how you've done it... going to start my blanket this weekend. Thanks for posting it x

Chantal said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!