Friday, October 03, 2008

Its good to be back!

Let me tell you about some of the things I appreciate about SA after being in Shanghai:

1. I still don't appreciate my children fighting or misbehaving, but i rather that than not have them around at all.
2. Everyone understands me when i talk to them
3. Even the worst toilets here i'll sit on (ok well maybe not, but you know what i mean!)
4. You can buy bread almost everywhere
5. I can comprehend what i'm buying and eating, and can be sure its not mystery meat
6. I don't have to face LIVE frogs & terrapins at the deli sold by weight
7. It doesn't matter where you are here, you can usually see something green
8. I don't have to worry about someone spitting on me whilst walking or shopping

3 comments :

jacki janse van rensburg said...

funny, the things we appreciate when we were away!

sounds like you had an interesting trip!

jacki janse van rensburg

Lynette Jacobs said...

YES, YES, YES!!! Three cheers for our lovely country.

Tracy said...

Welcome home, Tracy!!

Sounds like you had a successful trip - can't wait to see what you have in store for us from this trip!!!

Love, Tracy G